Brief account of life and achievements of
DR.Yogacharya sri Raghavendra Guruji
Name : Dr.Yogacharya Shri Raghavendra Guruji
Address : Adarsha Yoga Prathishtana® davangere.
No. 189, 3rd main , 6th cross, ‘C’ Block,
Shri . D. Devaraj Urs Layout,
Ph : 08192 – 271731, Mob : 094484 – 22829
Date of Birth : 22 – 07 – 1964
Education : Education in Yogic Science
B.Com., R.M.P. (IBAM)
Post Graduate Diploma in Yoga Therapy (Kolkata)
Experience : Since 30 years Teaching Yoga & running Yoga classes, Yoga
work shops, decease wise yoga therapy.
Expert in Massage Therapy.
Awards : Awardee of state and National Yoga Awards,
National ‘ PATANJALI ’ Yoga Award – 2006
Lokanayak Jayaprakash Narayan, National Award 2007.
Basavajyothi State Award 2007
Honors & Titles : Titals “ YOGA PRABHAKARA,YOGA RATNA,
YOGA CHETANA,Ph,D GOLD MEDAL”
Sri Raghavendra Guruji was born in 1964. July 22 at Ellampalli at Neelavara Village in Udupi Taluk, He had his early education at his native place. Later, had his education in Davangere. He got his education in yoga at “Patanjali’ Yoga Maha vidyalaya”. Vishwa Yoga Mahavidhyalaya at Malladhalli, Karnataka, India.
Sri Guruji had mastered the art of Yoga from his boyhood days and performed Yoga performances in many places, centers and assemblies and attracted the attention of the people. (Audience).
The encouragement and inspiration of the elders and respected teachers inspired him by his continuous efforts and studies; he took part in Yogasana performances were exhibited in various places in state and as well country.
He also conducted “ Yoga Camps ” for the benefits of the common people and enlightened them about the importance of “Yoga” in the daily life. He stressed the importance of of “Yoga” in the development of both body and mind.
Sri Guruji’s talent and services are recognized by the public institutions and associations and honoured with the title “ Yoga Prabhakar ” in 1987. His talent was broad casted in the Television which is really a great feat of the greatman.
Again the noble man directed and produced “ Surya Namaskara System ” a short tele film with a mass of 800 children. It was produced in the year 1996.
Education of “Yoga” that he was learnt since 1978 has been given to those who had interest and desire to learn the art. He finds delight in teaching the same to others. He had conducted many training camps and has been conducting the same even today. He has thousands of disciples who are indebted to him.
Late Shri Shri Raghavendra Swamijee was the founder of world famous Yoga Centre at Malladihalli (Chitradurga–dist) Karnataka, India. which is named now “Patanjali Yoga Mahavidhyala”. Vishwa Yoga Mandira. Sri Raghavendra Guruji began his education at the feet of the Swamiji. He was the beloved student of swamiji.
On the opening day of yoga Mandira. Late Sri Gundu Rao, the Honorable Chief minister of Karnataka Presided over the function. On the great occasion minister and Swamiji also blessed the guruji for his performance of Yoga feats.
In 1995 he wrote “ Yoga Kaipidi” and Bala Yoga Kaipidi, a simple book and his book has been printed 6 times. He had written and published many other books on Yoga in 2008 written a book of “Yoga work shop and it is released in Chennai, also many health articles written for state level daily newspaper and monthly Magazines.
Another great achievement of Guruji is “ Dhyana Sahita Bhajne” and audio cassette & CD’s in which he himself has sung the song (Bhajan) and released for the ennoblement of mind and heart.
He is a man who does not want to keep the art of Yoga for himself but wants to enlighten the mind and body of others in the society. So for he has Conducted more than 1012 Free camps of yoga (as on Dec. 2007). He has other hobbies in his like playing on Tabala, Yakshagana costumes and Bhajans.
Sri Guruji is like a Moving encyclopedia in the art of Yoga and its practice. His determination, dedication and devotion towards Yoga is surpassing. He is a man of Humble nature and tells that the blessing and inspiration of Malladihalli Sri Sri Raghavendra Swamiji are responsible for for what he is doing in his life.in memory of Swamiji (Guru) he conducts Free Yoga camps every year in August & December at R.H.Geeta Mandir in Davangere. It shows his devotion towards his “guru” and the art of Yoga. This has become a record Yoga camp year by years.
Sri Guruji is organizes “Yoga Camp”, Yoga has become his life and breath. He loves the art of yoga and spreads it to others. He works for building a healthy society with his devotion. Determination and dedication.
This devotion and other activities involved in Yoga should be encouraged by us. We also pray the all mighty to give him strength and blessings to do great works in the art of Yoga.
Overview of the honours and awards
NATIONAL YOGA AWARDS
All India Yoga Competition 1983-Tamil Nadu, Salem - Silver medal
First all India Rajyostava open Yoga Championships Competition-1987 - Silver medal
Fifth National Yoga Champion ship competition -1979 - 4th Place
Seventh National Yoga Champion ship competition, Chandigarh – 1982 - 5th Place
Eight National Yoga Champion ship competitions – 1983 -Special Award
First South Indian Yoga Champion ship- 1987- Hyderabad -Special Award
STATE YOGA AWARDS
9th State yoga championship Competition 1986 -Gold Medal
Karnataka Yoga championship Competition 1979 -Silver Medal
Karnataka Yoga Association, Bangalore Champion ship Competition 1980 -Bronze Medal
State yoga championship Competition 1982 -Bronze Medal
Seventh State Championship Competition 1984 Bhadravathi -Bronze Medal
Tenth State Yoga Championship Competition 1987 -Bronze Medal
DISTRICT YOGA AWARDS
District Level Yogasana Championship 1980 -Silver Medal
District level Yoga Championship Competition 1981 -Gold Medal
District level Yogasana Championship Competition 1982 -Gold Medal
SPECIAL AWARDS AND HONOURS
1. He conducted “Surya Namaskara Yoga Yagna” for school children under the patuonage of “Shri kshetra Dharmashala Shantivana Trust” on 30th, Jan 1997 Yoga camp was conducted. He also directed a telefilm and produced it successfully. Dr. Shri Veerendra Heggade honoured him and many associations and institutions also honoured him.
2. Yogacharya Shri Raghavendra Guruji was honoured in January 1987 with the title Yoga Prabhakara by Halujenu cultural association and Yoga Kendra of Davanagere.
3. He exhibited special Yoga exhibition in honour of Shri Shri Raghavendra Swamiji’s Birthday centenary celebration and was awarded by Swamiji for his service.
4. He was awarded and honoured by “Brahmana Yuva Vedike Seva Sangha” for his free simple Yoga camp conducted in memory of malladihalli Shri Raghavendra Swamiji at R.H.Geeta mandira, Davanagere on 7th December 1996.
5. He has already conducted more than 1012 free Yoga camps and there are records.
6. For his Yoga performance at Rotaract Club in Davanagere he was Awarded in 1984.
7. He wrote a hand book by name is Shibirathi Galige Margadarshi Yoga Kaipidi which is useful to those who have participated in the Yoga camps. The same hand book is published by him 6th edition also.
8. He is honoured for his service in Yoga by “Patanjala Yoga Mahavidyalaya” of Anatha Shevashrama Malladihalli by giving Commendation certificate.
9. He is the blessed disciple of Brahmi Bhuta Parama Pujya Shree Raghavendra Swamiji of Malladihalli. He has been conducting free Yoga camps since 1979 and this is commendable.
10. He has published simple yoga hand book by name balayoga kaipidi for the benefit of high school children.
11. He has sung himself in the cassatte dhyana saitha bajane (Mantras with meanings). The same has been released by him. This is very useful for the students involved in yoga and dhyana.
12. His personality and life introduction has been directly broad casted in national in national T V chandana vahini under belagu karyakrama on 28-8-2004 & 2006..
13. Rajyostava award which is awarded by the corporation and kannada associations of Davanagere district was awarded to him for his service in the field of yoga on 26-11-2004.
14. He was awarded and honoured by udupi zilla saraswata samaja sudharaka sangha, Brahmvara on 29-1-2006 for his unique service in the fild of yoga.
15. Guruji’s yoga programme is telecasted as 14 Episode 2006 & 2007 in Doordarshan Chandana Television.
16. All India Radio Bangalore and Bhadravathi, broadcasted a special interview regarding guruji’s biography.
17. Many Yoga & Health Articles written by Guruji & it has been published by may Kannada & English Daily News Papers. And monthly Magazines.
18. 9th April 2006 guruji awarded national yoga award of PATANJALI AWARD in culcutta by New age International University Italy, Europe & International Institute of Health Sciences, Calcutta.
19. For conducting free yoga camps, Sri Banashankari Prakruti Chikiste and Yoga Training Centre, Ranebennur, was honoured on 13-9-2006 at Ranebennur.
20. Guruji has honored by Udupi Yakshagana Kendra ® Manipal Academy 2006
21. BASAVAJYOTHI State award in Kudalasangama – 2007
22. Lokanayaka JAYAPRAKASH NARYAN National Award declared on – 2008.